DONORS WANT TO BE A PART OF THE TEAM
When a person donates money to your campaign they are saying they believe in your cause and want to be a part of your journey. It is a good idea to keep them up to date on your progress all the way until the end of your campaign. In addition, they want to be informed on how their donation is used and what the outcome was. Below are some tips on how to keep them up to speed.
5 TIPS FOR DONOR COMMUNICATION
- Identify the best form of communication with your donors - email, text, IM, phone etc.
- Donors Like to invest in causes bigger than themselves. Talk to them about your big vision.
- Send them updates on how close you are to achieving your goal.
- Thank your donors publicly and privately.
- Engage them in conversation and ask for their advice.